Saturday, July 14, 2007

A little meditation

Amongst a busy programme, in a land where taxis hoot (and constantly make me jump), traders hustle and shout, boarder guards screech faceless, incomprehensible instructions (through smoked glass in Hebrew) the readings for last night's evening prayer (which Jonah and I led)seemed refreshingly appropriate - 1 Samuel 3 - (the calling of Samuel), Luke 20:20 ff (the taxes to Caesar question and answer) and Psalm 130 (just read it, its only short). We picked up the theme of listening and this is a short meditation which I wrote:-



Meditation – Evening Prayer – Tantur
(Having read John 20:20-26)

(Silence)
‘they were stunned by his response and fell silent.’

(Short silence)

Hush! Listen! Did you hear that?

(Silence)

Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord!
Lord, here my voice!

(Short silence)

Hush a minute! I can’t hear myself think!

(Silence)

He heard a voice calling, … and he ran to Eli saying "Here I am, you called me!"

(Short silence)

Hush! Listen.

(Silence)

Speak Lord, your servant is listening.

(Silence)


There you are. It probably make more sense when spoken rather than read. Anyway people seemed to like it, so I thought it would be worth including here amongst my ramblings.

No comments: