Sunday, July 8, 2007

Really here!!

I'm here, I'm really here. Despite loosing a night's sleep (for a trouble free and very comfortable flight), the thrill of arriving here in Israel and especially at Tantur is overwhelming. It is like meeting a long lost relative, so well loved by those who know, and knowing you will love her too the instant you meet. It was as much as I could do not to rush around like a certain four year old, whooping in sheer excitement!!

The warmth (at just after 8 - pleasant not overwhelming), the fragrance of the trees and the colours are wonderful.

My room is dark - in this heat a real bonus - I don't think the sun can sneak in at all so it is manageably cool and on the second floor any breeze around does drift in to refresh.

Worship (Eucharist) was warm and honest. The reading from 2 Kings 5 - the healing of Nehaam and the message to be prepared to be surprised by God, finding Him in unexpected places and people - was so what I needed to hear.

The food simple and tasty with wonderfully sweet, cool watermelon! Wow! Again just exactly what I needed.

Now, I think - a cup of robus tea and a chat with new friends - rich in diversity and in generosity I hope.

Finally a huge thank you to those who have made it possible for me to come here. Your gift is beyond words, but I will do my best of the next three weeks to find some. For now - Thank you. x

1 comment:

Peter said...

Fantastic to hear your news. Hope we will get lots more of those amazing pictures.
Love and every Blessing,
PBOL
Xxxx